Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking

I just finished reading Kate Payne's Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking.  It's a fun read and chock full of tidbits of useful information and other book and internet resources.

A few things I am now inspired to do:
1) Bake a loaf a bread--I've gotten sadly out of the habit.  More on that soon!
2) Can a few things this season--tomatoes & applesauce are at the top of my list.  I just need to get my courage up while I wait for those things to be in season!
3) Ditch my toxic cleaning solutions and start using more natural products.  This feels like a bigger project, but one that I may be ready to tackle soon.
4) Shop at thrift stores, consignment shops, and Craigslist more often--you never know what you might find!

No comments:

Post a Comment